Reduce the Stress of Moving by Preparing Early
Two Months Out
- If using a moving company call 3 companies and check them out at the BBB.
- Determine what goes and what you might want to sell or donate.
- Ask Andrew at Golden Real Estate for boxes and moving material.
- Keep receipts from recent repairs.
One Month Out
- Change magazine subscriptions
- Keep packing and labeling. There is more stuff than you realize.
- If you are selling furniture, take photos for online sites (craigslist).
Two Weeks Out
- Contact your post office of your change of address.
- Change address of any bills that you get in the mail.
- Give utilities a date you want to stop or transfer service.
- Ask Andrew if there is anything else you need to do.
- Arrange for children or pet sitters on moving day.
One Week Out
- Additional changes to be made:
- Driver’s License, insurance card, contact pharmacy of new address.
- Keep packing but keep out anything that is essential.
- Keep on hand passports, wills, and important papers place in secure spot.
- Halt newspaper deliveries
- Confirm moving Date and Time with the Moving Company.
One Day Out
- Get food ready that you are taking with you.
- Get valuables, jewelry and any documents needed for closing
- Have on hand payment for movers plus tips.
Make sure home is swept and do one more walk through.
By following this simple guide, you should have a stress free move!
Use one of our moving trucks for free when you hire us to help you purchase your replacement home as well as sell your current home. We provide free gas, manpower and moving boxes. That’s totally free moving! (metro area only) Just an added perk from Golden Real Estate.